Thursday, December 10, 2009

Whats the difference between digital and regular movies?

at the movie theater theres clvoerfield digital and just cloverfield whats the difference between them?



Whats the difference between digital and regular movies?palace theatre



Regular movies (also known as analog movies) are on film stock. They go through a film projector to show them.



A digital movie is actually a bunch of 1s and 0s, digital information, which gets sent on a disk or through a connection to a machine which stores them as computer data. This machine is attached to a projector, which converts the data into a picture and sound. There is no film involved.



Most movies are shot on digital cameras and are later put onto film. Yes, there are still some films that use film as the primary medium of recording, but there are fewer of them all the time; film is expensive, and they shoot a lot of film to make a movie. Digital cameras are less expensive to use, although they may cost a bit to buy. However, some people prefer the look of film, especially for certain types of movies.



As to which is preferable, I have never seen a film as both digital and analog, so I can't give you that expert an answer. I can say that I have never seen anything that made me say, "wow, that digital is cool." The one noticable difference to me is that digital is cleaner after multiple showings, whereas every trip through the projector is a potential for film to get scratched or damaged. (I saw one film which had a lot of scratches and the such, and that was just the way that I wanted it for that film, since it was based on a twenty-year-old book. The thing is, I wished that I had known if that was the copy of the film or if that was an effect that was done to the original.)



I've seen critics say that all movie theatres should be required to buy digital projectors and to show all movies in digital projection, and then they will complain that the theatres which show movies with digital projection have the wrong settings for the projectors, etc. It's a huge capital expenditure, and I don't blame the theatres for holding on to film projectors as long as they can. There is a bit of a circular problem here, as studios won't release more digital movies until more theatres show digital movies, and the theatre owners are waiting for the studios to release move movies with digital projection before they buy more digital projectors.



If they are charging the same price, take your pick. If they charge extra for digital projection, I'd save my money and see it on film.



Whats the difference between digital and regular movies?concert tickets opera theater



I don't know but I do know you can download movies at



http://podtropolis.com



http://piratebay.com



http://southparkzone.com



And



http://simpsons4u.blogspot.com



P.S. You know I deserve the best answer award



From Cool Dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lightening