Thursday, December 10, 2009

What do you think of the RCA-RTD160 Home Theater System?

I earned an award at work that allows me to pick from a group of prizes. One of the items I am looking at is the RCA 160 (see link below).



It has been a number of years since I have looked into a system and I don't really know what is good and what is not. I used to with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was and now what I am with is no longer 'it' and what is 'it' seems strange and confusing to me. So I thought I would reach out and let someone who has a better idea of what is good help me out.



More details. I have three kids. This system will be used for listening to kids movies and CD's. Occasionally my wife and I will watch something grown up, but not too often. Keep that in mind.



So, is this an OK player for what I want to do?



http://www.amazon.com/RCA-RTD160-Home-Th...



What do you think of the RCA-RTD160 Home Theater System?events



This will be good for if you just want to just have a player.



It wont be;



A) loud,



B) very Clean at loud outputs,



C) good sounding for parties,



D) overall wont sound very good.



Will;



A) blow easily if you turn it up too loud,



B) will play music, movies and games at moderate sound lvls



C) do all that for free.



In my opinion, 30 watts per speaker is very weak. My first stereo I bought was 100 watts per speaker. And it was like $130, It was bout 2 years ago, and i was 14. THe wattage matters for volume, Dvd player/AMP combo most of the time doesnt sound as good. Because they go for space saving, but a good system needs more room than wat most DVD/AMP combos offer.



So in answer to your question, yes it will do wat you want. But later, it will make u wanting more. And then is when you invest into nicer equipment, and if you do get interested, contact me. There are many, many factors that will affect your decision.



contact info: vandread67158@yahoo.com



What do you think of the RCA-RTD160 Home Theater System?home theatre opera theater



One good tip I can give is rca and sony are two of the few left that still make replacement parts.I was a tech for the last 12 years,but have moved on.Through away stuff now.If it's gonna get alot of use any set you buy will break down and being able to repair after the warranty is gone makes since.
It's great! I love mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lightening