Thursday, December 10, 2009

Should I have reported to management the homeless person begging in the theater?

I went to the movies on Saturday. I was in the lobby. This was the area before you had to show your ticket, so anybody could get to it. A homeless woman approached me and asked me if I had a few dollars so they could get something to eat. I didn't have anything (I never carry cash anymore). The whole incident gave me a negative impression on this theater. Anyway, should I have told an employee at the theater that there was a homeless woman begging in the lobby?



Should I have reported to management the homeless person begging in the theater?movie theater



Absolutely. The lobby is the theater's property, and no beggar has the right to panhandle inside of it unless he or she has the express permission of management. Let management know that either they do something about this or you'll take your business elsewhere -- you will see results!



Should I have reported to management the homeless person begging in the theater?tickets opera theater



I feel strong support for the homeless and their efforts to stave off the desperation that dogs them.



If I didn't have any money/food for her, I'd have not prevented her from trying to obtain her necessities.
Theres alot of people "hurting" right now Dear..



if you didn't say anything,god bless you.if it really bothered you that much though,just let it go this time %26amp; if the next time you go to the same theater %26amp; she's there again...at least give her fair warning before "telling on her".I've found most of these people don't really want the money for food but other things like alcohol,drugs..etc..any time I get approched by them,I actually go %26amp; buy them a burger or whatever...



No matter what anyone tells you you don't go hungry in America unless you're lazy..No money ever...food if you can afford it!
It shouldn't give you a negative impression of the the theater, it should give you a negative on society. Maybe the woman was their and trying to keep warm, get some money to feed her kids. There are a number of reasons people are homeless nowadays.Not ALL are are drunks and drug users. People lose their jobs, then their homes. We who have jobs and homes and families should not look down upon those less fortunate, we should try and help. Not carrying cash, ask her if you could buy her something from the snackbar with your credit card. Remember, what if that person was Jesus and he was asking for food, What would you do. Remember that the woman is a human being and should be treated as such, not looked down upon.
In my opinion, unless the homeless lady was harassing you or was overly aggressive, there's simply no reason to "report" her to management. While many homeless people can be aggressive in their attempts to get money from people, this lady sounds as though she was at least respectful and didn't badger you in any way. Why would you want to take even more from her than what she's lost? Her situation very well may be her own fault and I am not saying we are to blame for people's homelessness, I am just saying that we should have a tad bit more compassion for people. You report roudy teenagers, rude employees, dirty bathrooms, but you don't report a poor lady seeking shelter and a little support from people around her. I am not saying that you are a terrible person with no heart, but I think you missed the point of the whole situation.
I understand wanting to report her but remember in some cities and states, panhandling (which is what she was doing) is a crime and this woman could have been arrested if the management really wanted that issue. And in the least the management would have made a scene. I feel kind of this way too when I see homeless people but in the end just let it go.
Yes, report it.
Be aware that you cannot tell by a person's appearance whether they have a home. Some street people and bag ladies do have a regular place to sleep.



Anyway, yes you should have told the manager that there was a panhandler in the lobby disturbing patrons. This is not for a low-level employee to handle, asking someone like that to leave can get ugly in a hurry and only a manager should be expected to deal with it.

1 comment:

  1. Very informative content. Thanks for sharing this valuable content with us. Film Streaming Complet

    ReplyDelete

 
skin lightening